Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for Cole and Kaori. Kind of late this year, I wonder how late they'll be going next June. Anyway, they were excited and looking forward to it. Cole got some homework but didn't really think he should have on the first day.

I have to add a completely unrelated note because I keep thinking I should blog about it but keep forgetting. Unless I remembered it once and actually did write about it and in that case you'll have to remind me. Anyway, here goes: when we moved into our new house we brought a bunch of stuff from storage. In that stuff the kids found my old, packed away gumball machine that I got for a gift when I was in college I think. It was filled with jawbreakers at that time. It still is. Except now they are getting eaten. Twenty years old and they are still good. You know what? All this sounds really familiar and I do think I wrote about it before.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember reading about the jawbreakers. I don't think I would have eaten 20 year old ones anyway.

Anonymous said...

Ixnay of the twenty year old gumballs. On the other hand, I think you could still eat a Twinkie after twenty years without much change to it, due to all the preservatives. Gum may fare as well.