Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Movie Update: Meeting with the Casting Company

Yesterday I received an email and phone call from the casting company. They wanted me to come in today and meet with them. Basically they just want to fill out my file. With what I wondered. I already filled out my personal info and sent pictures. Turns out they want more pictures and some voice recordings. Great, right when I have a humongous zit on my nose, just got my hair cut and can't do a thing with it and these few extra pounds I'm carrying make me look bloated. Perfect timing.

When I got there I was greeted by two nice Japanese women who spoke very good English. They looked at my file and pictures and said a bunch of stuff to each other in Japanese and then complimented me on the pictures but still they wanted their own. That was fine with me and I fully expected to be instructed to turn my head slightly so as to hide the zit on the side of my nose but she was either too polite to mention it or thought there was no use in even trying to hide it so we might as well live with it. Then I was requested to make three voice recordings. One casual one about myself, one talking seriously like a newscaster and one lively like a radio DJ. "But I'm not an actor and not looking for a speaking part" I protested. "I just want to run in the background of this movie." Evidently this only came out in my head because we went ahead the recordings anyway. They were polite about it and said I had a good voice. But was that a stifled snicker I saw? Recently there has been a trend to have a foreigner speak one or two Japanese words in commercials; these sound distinctive. So maybe I have that to look forward to.

As far as the movie itself, I haven't been officially chosen yet. Final photo selection will be in a week or so. However I have been told that I no longer need to keep June 13th & 14th open, just the 26th and 27th. I'm not even in the movie yet and I'm getting written out. D'OH! The movie is based on a detective series that has been on TV for 7 years. It started out playing late at night but was recently moved to prime time, 9 PM. Now it is having a major motion picture made about it; to be released in theaters, not just made for television.

Finally, the casting company really wanted me to send them pictures of Cole and Kaori. There are plenty of opportunities for children to appear in magazines and advertisements. That might be fun too.

AZ

No comments: