Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Expat Summer Vacation

We are now experiencing the typical expatriate summer vacation. Cole, Kaori and I are in the U.S. visiting family and friends while Robyn has returned to Tokyo to work. Many foreigners return to their home countries for weeks and months during the summer while the working spouse either works in the office back in their home country, takes vacation and/or returns to Tokyo much earlier. This makes for a transient summer vacation and lots of time apart as a family.

I have to say I enjoy being in the U.S. but we all miss Robyn very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were climbing Mt. Fuji. Did you forget to mention that? What are the details of that???

AZ said...

Well, I've wanted to do it ever since moving to Japan. A group of people in my running club is planning a trip for August 5th. Most of them have done it before. I'm looking forward to it.