Monday, October 29, 2007

A Weekend in Saipan

We kind of talked about it this month. We sort of thought about it. But we really didn't do anything about it until last Wednesday. Then we looked into flights and hotels. On Thursday and Friday we made some reservations and on Friday night we flew to Guam, got in at 1:30 AM Saturday morning; took the 2:30 AM flight to Saipan and were asleep at our hotel by 4:30 Saturday morning. We stayed at the Saipan World Resort. Decidedly only 3 stars in spite of it's 5 star billing. The water park however made up for those other two stars. We had a great time on the beach, lazy river, water slides and wave pool. We even took a turn in the spinning cauldron of death (my name, not theirs (see picture of Cole below)), which reminded me of those yellow vortex things that make donating coins fun. They even had a water slide that could go up (picture of Cole and me). It was a great getaway for a three day weekend and I heartily recommend going to Saipan for all my readers.

Last week before we went Cole was home from school for two days because he was sick. On Thursday night when we were putting the kids to bed Robyn made Kaori promise she wouldn't catch a cold so that we could go on vacation. A few minutes later Kaori called Robyn back into the room and said that even though she promised she was afraid she already had a cold. Robyn had to tell her that it was okay and it wasn't her fault and she wouldn't ruin our vacation. And she didn't.







3 comments:

Amanda:) said...

What a fun weekend trip! I'm jealous! :) Cute pictures of the kids and I like how honest kids are at that age!

Love the blog, keep it up!

Amanda:)

Anonymous said...

Dismal that you only had a three star hotel rather than a five star, huh?? :)
Hey - at first glance at Kaori's photo I thought she looked like Kimmie. I think I have a photo of Kimmie looking like that.
By the way, all my in-laws say Mac looks like his uncle Tony. Is that a good thing???

AZ said...

Yeah, that three start thing really cramped my style.
Well, if it's a good thing for Mac to grow up looking like a tall, dark and handsome man (not to mention dashing, heroic, sophisticated etc. then yes, it's a good thing.