Monday, February 4, 2008

Our Weekend

Click here for pictures from our weekend in Sapporo. It was actually the weekend before the official opening of the snow festival so they were still working on the sculptures. Still we got to see some that were quite big and impressive. Our favorites were the blue ice/snow building, the elephant sculpture, and the one with the famous world sites. They really didn't have many of the ice carvings done. I think the one that I took the picture of is Stonehenge. Maybe if you get really squinty it could be the heads on Easter Island. Maybe not.

Cole pounded a brick at the temple sculpture and then proceeded to carry it around until it "about froze my hands". He was sad to give it up, leaving it in a snowbank by the sidewalk. The kids were troopers (for awhile) walking around in the cold and snow. Robyn and Kaori each got a stylish new stocking cap.

Movie Update: I emailed the casting company back last week saying that I was interested in doing the movie. Then they sent me another email saying that although I hadn't replied, the movie people want to use me specifically for a prison guard, an actual role! So I sent two more emails saying that I was interested but they still haven't replied. ?!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks very cold with all of the ice and snow but very cool. If you wanted to see fish in ice, you should come to Lake Oahe.

Anonymous said...

LOVED the snow sculptures, but now I am cold. Would not want to be a snow sculptor.
I didn't notice any sculptures of the legendary "Ice Man" we saw on our cruise...wonder where he was? I did see the Sphinx though.

Kudos for Cole for carrying his brick for as long as he did - I would have left it there.

AZ said...

Hmmm, Ice Man?

At first Cole didn't want to pound a brick. We left and then walked by it again and he did it. Then he got emotionally attached to the brick. He didn't want to leave it there.

Amanda:) said...

Cool new header! I like it! Love reading the blog, keep it up!