Monday, July 28, 2008

A Triathlon Weekend

And it didn't even include me. Cole and Kaori each completed their inaugural triathlons last Saturday. After I had done mine I told them that there were some for kids and they each wanted to do it too. I was pretty sure Cole would follow through with it but less sure about Dodi. She was all for it up until the morning of the event but then had a change of heart. I told her she didn't have to do it but we'd go to the park and see what it looked like.

Well Kaori changed her mind but she sure wasn't happy about it. She was in tears and I kept telling her she didn't have to do it but she just kept wanting to. Then we went out to the water and parents could help the younger kids so I went with. The "swim" for both was so short and crowded and shallow that we just ended up running through the water. I probably wouldn't even get sick if my triathlons were like that. Probably. Anyway she kept running and crying through the transition to the biking stage but then she got more comfortable on the bike and started smiling. By the time we hit the running portion she was all fired up and ready to go. She was running fast; so fast that before it was over I couldn't get out in front far enough to snap a decent picture. After that she was in the best mood and so happy she did it.

I got back from Kaori's triathlon just in time to see Cole in the bike transition and to watch him take off. He seemed to be doing great and enjoying himself. He got back from the bike and took off on the run and he was working so hard! He later said the run portion was the most difficult part. I tend to agree. I'm so proud.

Okay, for the sake of the kids, let's get some comments on this post.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Cole and Kaori - Extremely impressive debut triathlon for you both!

LBG

Anonymous said...

I agree. You have a very impressive blog!!

I think it's wonderful Cole and Kaori and following in papa's footsteps, swim strokes and pedals. Good job on finishing a triathlon!!

Amanda:) said...

Way to go Cole and Kaori!! Great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Cole and Kaori, I am so proud of both of you! I can't believe I had to miss your first triathlon but can't wait to see you in your next one.

AZ, Cole and Kaori, one more day... see you soon. Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

YHAVIB?????? Who that be?

Anonymous said...

Yay, Coley and Kaori-chan!! Way to go - loved the photos. Kaori, you run almost faster than your daddy!
Cole, wow! You did much more than I could! I wouldn't have made it through the biking part!

Good times!

AZ said...

I don't know who "unsecured loan" is. Probably someone fishing for people to visit his website. I must agree with his assessment though.

Thanks for the comments to the kids, they enjoy them.