Friday, August 8, 2008

Vroom, vroom

I have now mowed two lawns since being back, my dad's and my brother/sister-in-law's. And I have two observations.

First of all, I didn't really miss mowing lawns. Not at all. Not a bit. Not in the least. Call me lazy. Yardwork isn't high on my list anyway, but then neither is housework or workwork. So it is something that I didn't really notice was gone but now that it's back I want it gone again.

Secondly, I seem to be out of top lawnmowing form. I've been smashing into things, running over stuff, barely able to keep up with the self-propelled lawnmowers, spilling gas on myself, etc. I guess this isn't a skill that gets lost over the winter months but definitely atrophies over 3 years. I'd go without it again though if I had the opportunity.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should look into buying a penthouse apt in downtown Mpls.

Anonymous said...

I would rather read about Cole's latest triathalon/marathon than hear your whining about the minimal lawn work you have done as of late. From those of us who have been doing it for the last three years, you will get very little sympathy.
Suck it up and start mowing.

AZ said...

But I have such a huge yard now! It's going to take me hours to mow that thing! Please, please cry for me and make me feel better!

Anonymous said...

No tears from me. Get a riding lawn mower.

AZ said...

Yeah baby, riding lawn mower all the way...

Anonymous said...

Wah wah wah.
Too bad they don't have marathon lawn mowing races because then you would view it as a sport and see it worth your while.