Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Myrtle Beach Weekend

We had a great weekend in Myrtle Beach, thanks to the fact that we were able to catch up with the Moores who we haven't seen in three and a half years. John found us a condo on the beach

with an indoor waterpark. Plenty to keep us occupied even if they hadn't brought their Wii down (but we're glad they did).

Congratulations to John for finishing his first half marathon. He did a great job. Many thanks to our fans (read families) as they supported us on the course. Robyn, the experienced race watcher, knows the ins and outs of getting around a course for optimal athlete viewing.

As for my marathon, nobody was right in their prediction but that was because I didn't provide the correct time option. I finished in 3:19:56 which is a couple minutes slower than my personal best. I'm quite happy with this time because I was afraid I'd totally bomb and it would end up being a walking, four hour affair. I was able to qualify for the Boston marathon again and completed my first marathon without walking a step.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both runners!

AZ said...

Thanks to you so much. It was a good run.

Anonymous said...

How are John's toenails?

AZ said...

Toenails are fine already. Your friend only lost hers because her shoes were too small for her feet. Don't think because you are "Anonymous" that I don't know who you are.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations,Anthony-san,
If I were there, I could take many photos for you.

AZ said...

Chiba-san, thank you very much. If you were there, I think you would be running too.