Tuesday, September 4, 2007

More About Food

One day last week Robyn came home from work and Kaori told her we were having "meat love" for supper. Kaori just kept calling it "meat love." Later, after we put the kids to bed I told Robyn that Kaori kept forgetting the name "meatloaf". Finally she asked me if she could just call it "meat love, because I just love it so much!" Of course Cole said "I wish I liked it because then I wouldn't have to eat something I don't like." Can't have a grilled cheese every day!

How often does anybody eat corn soup? I mean really. You can buy it here at McDonalds and in vending machines. I'm not saying it's popular because I've never seen anybody eat it but they must be selling some if they have it. I can't imagine buying a can of "corn potage" from a vending machine on the street and having a satisfying experience with it.

Next Friday, the 14th, I leave Tokyo to go to the Democratic Republic of the Congo. I get back home on the 25th. During that time Robyn's parents will be here to help take care of Cole and Kaori.

3 comments:

Amanda:) said...

I don't think I've ever heard of corn soup! Puzzling... I've been waiting to hear details of how the new school year is going...does Cole love his new classes and teacher? And what is this about the Congo?? Is this a vacation?? Love your blog, keep up the great stories!!

Anonymous said...

Is corn soup like corn chowder? I've heard of that, in fact, we had some this weekend. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Not going to wax poetic on corn soup. Give us more details on the Congo trip. Pack a can of corn soup, maybe you can use it as a bartering good.