Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Poll Winners and Christmas

Well, Cole's favorite thing was his new basketball shoes. Congratulations to those who picked it and thank you to all who voted. I'll get a new poll up soon. Cole's shoes have "JORDNN" written on them but I think that was a typo. I really think they are the authentic brand. Kaori doesn't get a poll because she picked about five favorites, the Great Wall, the alpine slide, the rickshaw ride, the hotel room etc.

I must vent. Here it is the Christmas season and there is no egg nog at our grocery store. I mean it must be a top holiday seller on the strength of me alone. It is Christmas season right? We are going to parties, the kids' schools have had holiday shows and gatherings. I'm hearing the music and seeing the trees, so where's the nog?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you can find a recipe to make your own egg nog right in your own kitchen!

AZ said...

Well we went shopping and bought the eggs but couldn't find the nog to mix it with. Foiled again! I smell a conspiracy.

Anonymous said...

I smell an awful lot of whining. Not like you aren't going to be over here soon and get your fill of egg nog then. When we were in Japan, there were lots of people eating RAW eggs (which is a real no-no over here)so I suppose egg nog isn't a seasonal thing, they just break a few eggs in their milk every day.
kwitcherbitchin.

Anonymous said...

This is the perfect recipe for egg nog novices.
INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs, beaten well
3 tbs sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
2 1/3 cups milk
PREPARATION:
Blend all ingredients together and serve chilled.
I would add some whiskey or bourbon. :)

AZ said...

Egg nog is bitchworthy. It is very seasonal you know. And I consider myself a egg nog connisieur (conosewer?), not a novice.

Anonymous said...

Is egg nog one of the free drinks on cruises?

AZ said...

If it is, I'm sticking my head under the tap.