Monday, January 28, 2008

Casting Calls

I had another opportunity to be on film last Sunday. They were filming a commercial for Adidas and needed foreigners to be background runners. I was planning on going but then the thought of standing out in the cold all day made me decide otherwise. Especially since the chances of me actually seeing the commercial are low. A friend of mine from Australia who went said it was "was freezing cold, but was still fun in a strange way." That's about what I would expect, a strange sort of fun.

But that was just for a commercial; I also have another opportunity for the big screen. A film about a Japanese soldier is being filmed. The soldier gets caught and is tried for war crimes. They need foreigners for a courtroom scene and for a prison camp scene. I'm sure I'm a shoo-in for those roles. Be on the look out for “Watashi wa Kai ni Naritai” at theaters near you (or maybe not so near.) The title means "I want to become Kai". Not sure if Kai is a person or thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you make it as an extra on the prison camp scene? I heard that in Japan they feed the prisoners corn soup.

AZ said...

"Please sir, may I have some more?"