Monday, June 2, 2008

Ready, set, Go!

Robyn has finally returned home after a week of working in Minnesota and she brought her friend Kathleen with her who stayed with us for a couple nights which was a nice change of pace and we were able to take her to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant but what she neglected to bring with her was some nice weather because I'm definitely getting sick of all this rain we've been having. How's that for an opening sentence? Pretty much sums up all that has been happening.

I must add that my first triathlon is this Saturday. I think the worst part will be the swim which is in the ocean. A couple weeks ago I did an ocean swim with some friends just to see what it was all about and to try out my new wetsuit. Most of it seemed to go pretty well except that as soon as I got done swimming I had to hurl. That is not a good sign. Seasick? Maybe but it wasn't so wavy. Drinking too much saltwater? Wetsuit compressing my stomach? (I tell you what, those things are tight!) Probably all of it played a part. I just hope it doesn't happen during the triathlon because, and I'm just guessing here, I'm pretty sure that would slow me down. Maybe all these typhoons we've been having give us a reprieve for the weekend too.

No comments: